Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Yesterday all Christian celebrated Ash Wednesday this is the sign that holy week is coming. Ash Wednesday gets its name from the practice of placing ashes on the foreheads of the faithful as a sign of repentance. As the priest says this line while placing the ash in the forehead “Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return.” The ashes are made from the first burns palm from last years palm Sunday mix with holy water that has been blessed. The ash in the forehead is a sign of being sorry for the things that we have done wrong and get relieve forever. Some of my colleagues went to the church around 6:30 in the evening to follow the Christian faith which is Ash Wednesday. Me? *sigh* I didn’t go with them because it’s my duty that time. But I got also an ash in my forehead one of my colleague told the priest that can you blessed some ash for those Christian who are not here. Even though I’m not inside the church I accept the ash and I will just pray by myself and talk to God about my sins.

No comments: